RSS Feed Link Does Not Generate

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:53

RSS Feed Link Does Not Generate

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

I have created a feed in the Feeds & Notifications area for blog posts on version 4.1. The link is not created in the file and when syndicating the feed there are no links back to the blog. It seemed to work fine before the latest update and I was wondering if this is and issue/bug with the new update or if I have something configured wrong. Here is the link to the RSS Feed www.snappyquilts.com/.../snappyquiltsblog

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

When creating a new blog you should select a default page in default page field and your RSS feed will display your headings as links to the original post.
If you try to edit your existing blog and filling the default page field it wont work because later edits are not applied because of a bug.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Thanks, it seems that after the upgrade to 4.1 the page selection was not set, although I am pretty certain it was set when the site was running on the previous version.

After resetting the page everything works as expected, Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

so has this been fixed yet because this makes the rss feed completely useless on an already existing blog.

is there an easy way to create a new blog and move already posted blog posts and their comments to the new blog so the links show up in the feed?

this should be something high on the list to update asap.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Brandon,

It is resolved. Go to your blog Action-> Title and properties and select a default page ( this is the page with blogs widget on it. user that clicks the feed will be redirected to this page showing the blog posts). Go to Feeds and notifications and run the feed to apply changes. Links to the blog posts should be active now.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Stanislav, excellent - i did as you described and it now works like it should. now just have to wait for it to take effect on feedburner.

thanks for the quick fix!

This thread is closed