RSS Indexing - Return code: 0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:19

RSS Indexing - Return code: 0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to set the RSS for News items on version 4.0.1210.0 and after creating the feed, when I try to run it I get a "Return code: 0" error.

Has anybody  have this problem?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Sebastian,

I am not able to reproduce the the issue at my end. The functionality works as it should on all browsers. My scenario was creating news item and displaying it on a page, create a feed for news items and add few more news items to see if it updates.
Please provide some additional information on your project or a video of how you set up the feed.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Stanislav,

Sorry for the delay, but there have been problems with the Sandbox and I wasn't able to test this.

Today the Sandbox is working and even though the code 0 error doesn't appear, I get a "You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user." when I try to run the rss.

Strange that on our enviroment we get one error and on the Sandbox another, but on neither the news RSS works.

If you can have a look, the Sandbox url is:externalpages.sandbox.sitefinity.com/

Regards,

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Can you provide us with some more details about the error that you get on your machine. For example - service tracer log and App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs when the error occurs.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I don't know what you mean by service tracer log but regarding Sitefinity's log, it doesn't generate anything because it's a treated error. The system returns "Return code: 0" in  a pop up.

If you want I can send you the whole project.

I have a upgraded version to 4.1 and here it works but then lots of other things don't. That's why I was looking for a solution to the problems I have on 4.0.

Regards,

Sebastian

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Sebastian,

Service tracer log is a tool you can use to send us error reports and for information please look at this KB article.
Please send us the project on v 4.0.1210.0 you are having problems with.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stanislav,

I ended up upgrading to 4.1 SP1 and it solved this.

Thanks,

This thread is closed