SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() is NULL when viewing Prev

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:19

SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() is NULL when viewing Previous Version of Page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I have a user control on all pages that uses SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() in order to display the page title on each page. When I'm in edit mode and live mode there are no issues at all. However if I go to Revision History of a page and try to view an older page suddenly SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() is NULL.

I can check to see if it's null before trying to work with it but I actually need it to be available so that the page displays as it should.

Pretty sure this is a bug.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

We have logged the problem as a bug. We advise you to workaround the problem by checking if SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() is not null prior using it.

Best wishes,
Garo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

Do we know when this is being fixed? I have the exact same problem in v5.4.40.10 as I have extended the left hand side navigation of the site, but seem unable to get the actual node of the page being previewed.

Many thanks,

Ricardo

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Ricardo,

I have made some changes to the bug and informed our developers about it. I have also created a PITS for this bug. You could track it and vote for its popularity on the following URL.

Apologies for the inconvenience. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2014 00:00

Are there any updates on getting this bug fixed? 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

The problem has not been fixed yet. However I have increased its priority and marked it as important for customers. You could track its status in our Feedback portal on the following URL.To receive notifications when the status of the item is changed you should follow it.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi,

Is this fixed yet? The feedback Url throws 404. Can you post the correct Url please?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Nidhi,

This limitation is by design - when a page is viewed in Revision history it's reviewed outside of the context of a SiteMap, that's why calls to SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode() return null, and should be handled in the custom code.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed