String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:00

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hello Am getting an error.
I am retrieving images using Fluent API after filtering them by category and by album.
Server is in Germany and the language used by the website is arabic.
Please let me know how can I fix it.

Thanks in advance!

here it is event log of the error .

Event code: 3005 
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
Event time: 07/06/32 03:21:08 ص 
Event time (UTC): 07/06/32 07:21:08 ص 
Event ID: b167ee6396e040d6b45a4da7640647e7 
Event sequence: 4203 
Event occurrence: 42 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-3-129494842158536000 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: / 
    Application Path: D:\HTTP\Mideast\Dodge\ 
    Machine name: P2388277 

Process information: 
    Process ID: 12208 
    Process name: w3wp.exe 
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Exception information: 
    Exception type: FormatException 
    Exception message: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information: 
    Request URL: arabic-mideast.dodge.com/.../entertainment.jpg 
    Request path: /images/charger/2011/04/20/entertainment.jpg 
    User host address: 94.128.26.174 
    User: Anonymous 
    Is authenticated: False 
    Authentication Type: Sitefinity 
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 21 
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 
    Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details: 

Hi waqar,

We have this issue with older versions of Sitefinity. Please make sure that you use at least Sitefinity 4.1.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi!
Thanks for the reply.

Last day I reported a bug which was already logged but here i want to ask how can I use the solution given in this post ?

They ask to write following code in the master page but in which event they did not specify it. I want to know where should I place these lines of code so that the changes in the mater page can take effect in all the inherited pages with the master page.
var pages = Telerik.Sitefinity.App.WorkWith().Pages().LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend).Get();
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency.Notify(pages.ToArray());

But remember it should run once when not on every page load.
Thanks in advance !

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi waqar,

The code should be ran only once when the change is made. The suggestion is to run this a physical .aspx page part of the solution of your webiste. Please note that the bug which relates to the issue with cache dependencies is going to be fixed in the upcoming SP (tomorrow). Also please note that we have also resolved the problem with orphaned controls in the SP.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed