No database type mapping found for field
For a little while our site was throwing this exception. It is not doing this anymore, but I am afraid that it might again. We have not made any changes to the Sitefinity database. What would cause this error and how can we make sure that it never happens again?
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException: No database type mapping found for field '<value>': CLR type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' or column type '' unmapped.
[MetadataException: No database type mapping found for field '<value>': CLR type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' or column type '' unmapped. ]
DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessUserActivityProvider_22ed5b7019a54f858b1867202b601f53.GetUserActivity(Guid userId, String providerName) +429
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager.GetUserActivity(Guid userId, String providerName) +64
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateInTheDatabase(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +345
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateRequest(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +133
Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +1083
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Context_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +104
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
Exact same issue here, not sure what I've done wrong. One thing I did was to click on something like "manage back-end pages" but I didn't change anything at all after pressing the but "Accept/Agree" button.
BTW, restarted the server and it's working fine again.
This has just happened to me also. Can someone from Telerik take a look into this please. Hasn't happend to me before but a lot of strange things have been happening since I upgraded to 4.1 the other day.
Hi Richard Turner,
This is an issue that is fixed in the upcoming 4.1 SP1 (scheduled for today friday), once you upgrade , such exceptions should be gone.
the Telerik team
I have a site on 4.2 and I just started getting this error (after upgrading some of the OpenAccess bits)
This issue was related to a bug in some of the modules of sitefinity that were not correctly initialized and didn't receive ORM mapping for the security objects like Permissions. There shouldn't be any bugs like this from 4.3 up. Upgrading to the latest version is the best solution to this issue.
the Telerik team