No database type mapping found for field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:13

No database type mapping found for field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

For a little while our site was throwing this exception.  It is not doing this anymore, but I am afraid that it might again.  We have not made any changes to the Sitefinity database.  What would cause this error and how can we make sure that it never happens again?

Server Error in '/' Application.

No database type mapping found for field '<value>': CLR type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' or column type '' unmapped.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException: No database type mapping found for field '<value>': CLR type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' or column type '' unmapped. 

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MetadataException: No database type mapping found for field '<value>': CLR type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' or column type '' unmapped. ] 
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessUserActivityProvider_22ed5b7019a54f858b1867202b601f53.GetUserActivity(Guid userId, String providerName) +429 
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager.GetUserActivity(Guid userId, String providerName) +64 
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateInTheDatabase(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +345 
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateRequest(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +133 
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +1083 
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Context_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +104 
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80 
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Exact same issue here, not sure what I've done wrong. One thing I did was to click on something like "manage back-end pages" but I didn't change anything at all after pressing the but "Accept/Agree" button.

BTW, restarted the server and it's working fine again.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
This has just happened to me also. Can someone from Telerik take a look into this please. Hasn't happend to me before but a lot of strange things have been happening since I upgraded to 4.1 the other day.
thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Turner,
This is an issue that is fixed in the upcoming 4.1 SP1 (scheduled for today friday), once you upgrade , such exceptions should be gone.
Regards,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

I have a site on 4.2 and I just started getting this error (after upgrading some of the OpenAccess bits)

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,
This issue was related to a bug in some of the modules of sitefinity that were not correctly initialized and didn't receive ORM mapping for the security objects like Permissions. There shouldn't be any bugs like this from 4.3 up. Upgrading to the latest version is the best solution to this issue.

Regards,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed