Exporting the data from a 4.0(upgraded to 4.1) to a new clea

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:26

Exporting the data from a 4.0(upgraded to 4.1) to a new clean 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hello,
since I've got problem (can't have custom template for widget)  with a 4.1 project I've just added a lot of content to , it's possible to export the content/pages to a new 4.1 project?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

There's no specific way to copy content from one project to another, unless you do it with code. I'm not aware of the specific problem, did you submit another ticket for that? Why do you think it can be solved with a blank project?

If the custom widget template is the only problem that makes you want to do this, I think it will be much easier to solve that, instead of writing code to copy content.

Greetings,

Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

hello  Slavo,
this would be easy if I've not just uploaded tons of documents!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Paolo,

If you use images/documents module the items are uploaded into the database, so you can make database replication.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

replicating a whole DB will copy also the pages/templates so if I've got a problem as I have for the custom module, I need to create a new one...it would be great to have an export/import utility to choose what to export/import....

This thread is closed