Horizontal navigation under group page error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:17

Horizontal navigation under group page error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

We are trying to use a group page to populate a navigation control. When I select the page in the 'All pages under particular page' button of the 'Fine tune the selected type' I get the following error:

Warning: the selected starting page is not accessible. 

It works if I select all of the individual pages under the group page, but that defeats the purpose of grouping them. We want to be able to add or remove pages and have the menu in the template pick up the changes. We don't want the group page to show up in navigation so the 'Show in navigation' for it is unchecked. Is there something we're doing wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jerome,

Please try setting the Group page property Show in Navigation to True, and you won't be receiving this error. If you mark the Group page not to be shown in Navigation, this would automatically hide all its children as well, that's why the error you're receiving. Please try the above instructions and let me know if the problems persist.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Dear Jerome

Could a workaround be

PageGroup1 (dont show in navigation)
PageGroup2 (show in navigation)
PageGroup2 - Page 1 (show in navigation)
PageGroup2 - Page 2 (show in navigation)

Maybe you could then select every Page under PageGroup2 but the Pages would not appear in the top Menu because the PageGroup1 is hidden.

Not nice, and not even sure it would work but you could give it a try.

Markus

This thread is closed