Parser Error after Migration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:48

Parser Error after Migration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello I used sitefinity migration tool to move my sitefinity 3.7 website's content into a sitefinity 4.1 install. I followed the instructions as well as used the video for the migration tool, and was able to complete all the steps. But one thing to note is that after clicking "begin migration" I'm not seeing a full log of what was migrated. However when I navigate to the Pages screen I see all of my old site's content within the sitefinity 4.1 site.

This brings me to the real problem I am having which is that when I click a page to edit or view it I receive an error. The page reads as follows.

Server Error in '/SF4.1' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Cms' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="C#" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web" Assembly="Telerik.Cms" TagPrefix="sf1" %>
Line 3:  
Line 4:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/.../xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /SF4.1/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MaxQ/App_Master/maxqInner.master    Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Cms' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

What steps should I take to fix this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Remove the following line from your custom master pages

<%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web" Assembly="Telerik.Cms" TagPrefix="sf1" %> 

This assembly Telerik.Cms.dll is not presented in Sitefinity 4.0. It looks like you have some controls in your master page that you reference from the dll.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Thanks I started the migration process over again (with a fresh, most recent version of sitefinity 4.1) and I'm now at the migration screen on my sitefinity 4.1 install. But there is a message on the bottom of the screen that says "Error on page" and clicking get counts or Begin migration does nothing. this error message is repeated over and over.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Mon, 23 May 2011 20:11:17 UTC

Line: 359
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: 192.168.0.102/.../Migration

Also, on the step where I am told to:
"Expand the References node of this project and fix all the missing references by pointing them to DLL files in the /bin folder of your main 4.1 website project"

I do this in the same way the video tutorial says to do this (by adding all references in the sitefinity 4.1 bin folder) but 3 references are still missing (they can be seen in the attached image). I went ahead and deleted these 3 missing references (since it seemed to be ok for the narrator to do this during the 3.7 part where we are asked to find references)  and built form there. Perhaps this is why I am having problems now? If so, where do I find the path's for these missing references?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Can you check which is the object from the error "Object doesn't support this property or method".

Telerik.Sitefinity.WorkflowActivities.dll is no more used and it is not distributed. Its data was merged to Telerik.Sitefinity.dll  in one of the previous releases.

Telerik.OpenAccess.MySql.Data - it is also not required, you can remove the reference.

Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll - you should be able to reference this dll from Sitefinity 4.1 bin folder.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

"Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll - you should be able to reference this dll from Sitefinity 4.1 bin folder."

Nope, I checked again and there is no .dll of this name in the bin folder of my sitefinity 4.1 install.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.2; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:32:36 UTC

Line: 359
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: 192.168.0.102/.../Migration

This is all the information I'm given when I copy error details from IE7. How do I check which object the error is from?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Where can I get a copy of Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll to add to my website install? Or will you be releasing another update to the installer that includes this file? I've set up multiple sitefinity 4.1 websites now, trying to get this migration to work and never have I been able to find Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

The missing dlls exist in our code based, but not in release mode. You can remove Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll as well. There should not be an issues. You should have a reference to
Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions.dll

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Ok, good, removing that reference is what I've done in the past. But I still have the error when trying to use the migration tool in my sitefinity 4.1 install. What am I supposed to do about that?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

What is the error you are getting? Is it the same?
If want you an open a support request and provide us with the 3.x project. We will set a sample project based on 4.1 and run the migration. Then FTP the project back to you.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed