Using sitefinity backend to create users in AspNetSqlMembers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:51

Using sitefinity backend to create users in AspNetSqlMembershipProvider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Is it possible to use the SF backend > Administration > Users to create a user in the custom provider? Instead of the ASP.NET website configuration facility.

I have tried this, and I get an error in SF saying that "An error occurred" and the user is not created.

Edit: I followed this tutorial. It looks like in the comments people are having the same problem as me http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavoingilizov/posts/11-04-20/using_the_asp_net_sql_membership_provider_in_sitefinity.aspx

If I use the Registration form widget to create a new user I get the following exception:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No data provider decorator could be found for the provider 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.MembershipProviderWrapper'. The method 'GetManagerInfo(string managerType, string providerName)' has to be overridden and implemented.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.MissingDecoratorException: No data provider decorator could be found for the provider 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.MembershipProviderWrapper'. The method 'GetManagerInfo(string managerType, string providerName)' has to be overridden and implemented.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[MissingDecoratorException: No data provider decorator could be found for the provider 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.MembershipProviderWrapper'. The method 'GetManagerInfo(string managerType, string providerName)' has to be overridden and implemented.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.DataProviderBase.GetManagerInfo(String managerType, String providerName) +111
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.MembershipProviderWrapper.CreateUser(Guid id, String userName) +453
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.MembershipDataProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +305
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.TryCreateUser(UserManager manager, User& user, MembershipCreateStatus& status) +305
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.RegisterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +539
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

This works fine is the provider is Default Telerik SF Provider

Hi James,

We have discovered this error a couple weeks ago. It was fixed in the internal build released after 4.1 and will be available in the 4.1 SP1 release due today (Friday).

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed