Registration widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:42

Registration widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Where do I change the default 'noreply@noreply.com' email address? I have set SMTP settings.. but my exchange is not letting 'noreply@noreply.com' send an email.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi James,

Go to the MembershipProvider in the configurations and set parameter with the following key

successfulRegistrationEmailAddress. The value should be the email you want to use.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Do I add this in the securityConfig?

E.g.

<membershipProviders>
<add recoveryMailAddress="no-reply@domain.com" name="Default" />
    <add successfulRegistrationEmailAddress="no-reply@domain.com" name="Default" />
</membershipProviders>

Because now I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?]
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForAttemptingToConstructInterface(IBuilderContext context) +344
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender(IBuilderContext ) +59
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +304
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +434
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +440

[ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender", name = "administrator@iqx.com.au".
Exception occurred while: while resolving.
Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender,no-reply@domain.com
]
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +546
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +20
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve(IUnityContainer container, String name, ResolverOverride[] overrides) +91
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.EmailSender.Get(String name) +115
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.SendRegistrationConfirmationEmail(User user, UserManager userManager) +1416
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.RegisterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +539
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi James,

You can do this from the UI. I attached a short video.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan,

I get this problem now:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: from

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: from

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: from]
   System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor(String from, String to) +2465430
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.EmailSender.CreateRegistrationConfirmationEmail(String confirmationEmailAddress, String userEmailAddress, String userName, String confirmationPageUrl, String subject, String body) +51
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.SendRegistrationConfirmationEmail(User user, UserManager userManager) +1369
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.RegisterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +539
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi James,

When you configured the SMTP have you set the sender? It looks like that it is missing.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

I followed the video to add the parameter successfulRegistrationEmailAddress under Security > Membership Providers > Default, but the out-of-the-box register widget keeps sending emails from noreply@noreply.com. I attached a screenshot of the parameter successfulRegistrationEmailAddress I set--any ideas where I went wrong or how I could change the noreply@noreply.com a different way? I'm using Sitefinity 5.0.2523.0.

Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Ivan,
I get the same problem as James last year, after configuring the membership provider as instructed in your video.  Is there a solution?  Am using Sitefinity 5.1 trial.
Thanks,
Todd

The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

Source Error: 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?]
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.ThrowForAttemptingToConstructInterface(IBuilderContext context) +344
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender(IBuilderContext ) +59
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +304
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +434
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +440

[ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender", name = "HarmanPro Newsletter Portal".
Exception occurred while: while resolving.
Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.IEmailSender,HarmanPro Newsletter Portal
]
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +546
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +20
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve(IUnityContainer container, String name, ResolverOverride[] overrides) +91
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Mail.EmailSender.Get(String name) +115
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.RegistrationForm.SendRegistrationConfirmationEmail(User user, UserManager userManager) +1423
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

I have the exact same problem as noted (using v5.4 now though). I've also tried setting the built in 'EmailSenderName' field from the 'advanced' properties of the widget -- same error....

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

Are you using any custom registration controls or by any chance instantiating an onbect of type IEmailSender in your code? If this is the case I would advise you to open support tickets and send us your implementation.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

To follow up...
I've upgraded to v6 -- and followed Ivan's original suggestion:
Go to the MembershipProvider in the configurations and set parameter with the following key

successfulRegistrationEmailAddress

This has now corrected the issue for me. Not sure why it didn't work in the previous version...

Cheers!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hi Rico,

I'm glad that upgrading resolve the problem. Don't hesitate to contact us if any further questions arise!

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2013 00:00

Hmm... Running on 6.3, but have the same error. All settings set up correctly as described here...

EDIT: Found the problem. Remove any entry in the EmailSenderName in the widget. Then it works ;-)

This thread is closed