Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.Http

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:36

Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

When running a new installed Sitefinity site I got the following error:
Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

I noticed this was a issue that was reported in the forum but only with the beta 2 version of Sitefinity 4 (http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/could-not-load-type-system-servicemodel-activation-httpmodule-sitefinity-4-0-beta-2.aspx).
I have the same error in Sitefinity 4.1.

The solution that was mentioned in the beta topic solved my problem as well: 
use aspnet_regiis of .NET framework 4 to reinstall .NET in IIS.

Just wanted to post this, it might help someone else.

Cheers,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello Rob,

You are right the solution is to use the  aspnet_regiis.exe -iru command. Mostly the problem appears if you have installed the .NET 3.5.1 WCF HTTP Activation feature after the installation of .NET 4 framework on your server and in order to resolve the issue you need to re-register the .NET 4 framework of ASP.NET with IIS by using the ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2013 00:00

You should add this in your documentation that the issue can happend and be solved with this thread :)

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded it to our Sitefinity documentation team.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed