Things I have come across with version 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:45

Things I have come across with version 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi All,

So, I upgraded to 4.1 and initially I had a massive meltdown (mostly due to my own mistakes) - for some reason I lost my database content (whether it was down to sitefinity trying to create a new one instead of using existing or just me) and the only backup I had being one month old (Doh! That definitely was me, scheduled daily back-up now in place). A lot of issues were arrising until I updated to 4.1 SP1.

Anyway, luckily google cached my pages so I could see what I previously did, so I had another two days of re-adding the content.

After the first few days of pain, I've actually been using 4.1 without too many issues. Site performance is certainly alot faster and I'm already finding uses out of the shared content features etc.

There are a few problems I'm having though which are explained below and in the attached screenshots.

1 / Cannot Find Docking Zone
When I create a page and initially drag a layout widget to the page it prompts me with an error "Cannot find docking zone" and doesn't display the layout widget correctly. If I delete it and drag another layout zone it works correctly here on in.

2/ Newsletter: Error Encountered While Saving the Subscriber Information
Within the Newsletter Module when I try to add a new subscriber I get the above error message and it doesn't save any new details. I also cannot import from a CSV.

3/ Newsletter: When sending a test email the email comes through ok but there is no message contents
I've tested this using both Campaign Type: Rich Text Editor and Like a Web page, the subject is fine and from/to fields, just no message contents.

So far these are the only issues I have come across, if there are any more I will post them on the forum.

Cheers,
Jamie

Also, additionally, can you provide a working example of a custom breadcrumbs control that uses sitemap. I had one working perfectly in version 4.0 but for some reason doesn't work with 4.1

It's always when you send your initial thread you start finding other things :)

Sorry, guys, last one promise!

In the properties of a page, if you add additional html content (which is auto placed between the head tag), it doesn't actually place it anywhere, it doesn't seem to work.

I have attached an image of a page I have added additional css to, but it doesn't take effect, in version 4.0 this was working perfectly.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2011 00:00

Bump

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Jamie,

1 / Cannot Find Docking Zone
I'm not able to reproduce this error, but I found a similar problem. Unfortunately it appears randomly and I have to investigate it. If you have any additional information it would be very helpful.

2/ Newsletter: Error Encountered While Saving the Subscriber Information
We are aware of this problem and we are working on it, you can follow the issue here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6098 There are two workarounds - you can add subscribers and select a mailing list for each of them or if you add them through the mailing list, to refresh the grid before you add another subscriber.

3/ Newsletter: Import as CSV
I'm able to import subscribers from CSV file without any problems. I'm attaching you a video file to illustrate my words. Can you send me some more detailed steps to reproduce this issue

4/ Newsletter: When sending a test email the email comes through ok but there is no message contents
This is a bug which I logged in our bug tracking system, you can follow it here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6099

5/ In the properties of a page, if you add additional html content (which is auto placed between the head tag), it doesn't actually place it anywhere, it doesn't seem to work.
This is a regression. I'm logging it as a bug - you can review it here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6106

Thank you for reporting all of these problems. I'm updating your Telerik points.

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi all, 

I ran into the same problem "Cannot Find Docking Zone" when dropping layout widgets only (did not happens for content widgets). It seems that the "Require SSL" option is triggering this behaviour, once un-checked, I had no problems dropping layout widgtets. 

Hope it helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi all, 

I ran into the same problem "Cannot Find Docking Zone" when dropping layout widgets only (did not happens for content widgets). It seems that the "Require SSL" option is triggering this behaviour, once un-checked, I had no problems dropping layout widgtets. 

Hope it helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2012 00:00

Same thing here, just upgraded from 4.2 to 4.4 and am getting this error when dragging a layout onto the page.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi,

Same problem still in SF 5. I had the same issue (and "solution") as Guillermo (see below):

"It seems that the "Require SSL" option is triggering this behaviour, once un-checked, I had no problems dropping layout widgets."

When is this fixed?

Regards,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2012 00:00

I just ran into this issue with a 4.4 site as well.  Any news on this would be great.

I have an intranet that is set to require SSL as stated in above posts.  All of my public pages, not marked to use SSL, work great.

This thread is closed