Widget Templates creation Search & Index

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:19

Widget Templates creation Search & Index

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

When creating a widget template for example for search & indexing you need a lot of code

a) when you create a new widget this code is not present (especially the header)
b) search & indexing do not give you any fields to enter.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="topSearchBox" runat="server" />

<sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="resultsStats" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" CssClass="sfsearchResultStatistics" Text="<%$Resources:SearchResources, SearchResultsStatusMessage %>" />

<asp:Repeater ID="resultsList" runat="server">
    <HeaderTemplate>
        <dl class="sfsearchResultsWrp sfsearchReultTitleSnippetUrl">
    </HeaderTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <dt class="sfsearchResultTitle"><a runat="server" href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Title") %></a></dt> 
  <dd class="sfsearchResultSnippet"><%# Eval("Summary")%></dd>
  <dd class="sfsearchResultUrl"><a runat="server"  href='<%# Eval("Link")%>'><%# Eval("Link")%></a></dd>
        <dd class="sfsearchResultHighLighter"><%# Eval("HighLighterResult")%></dd>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <FooterTemplate>
        </dl>
    </FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>
<sitefinity:Pager ID="pager" runat="server" />
<sfSearch:SearchBox ID="bottomSearchBox" runat="server" />

Regards Markus

--------------------------------------

Since there is a partner of the year I was wondering if there is a bug reporter and suggestions champion. I feel like I could compeate. I must have a top 100 ranking :-)

Of if we would really get Telerik Points for every bug we might could start selling them :-)

------------------------

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Can you please explain in details what you suggest, because now is somewhat unclear to me.

a) It is not possible to know all required controls. Generally the custom template should be based on the master one. Main controls like repeaters and listview are always required. The same applies for the controls inside the item template.

b) Can you give me step by  step scenario to reproduce the issue. Also any media ( videos, screenshots ) demonstrating the strange behavior.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Dear Victor

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_widget.swf should show what I am talking about

a) search widget does not seem to have any fields you can insert (maybe other have none either)

b) when you open an existing widget you see code like

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

Included in the widget.

If you create a new widget non of this code is present.

So it either not needed or must be entered by the user.

From a end-user perspecitve I would love that SF inserts all the needed base code for each widget type by default. It would even be nice if the code would be splitted kind of in header and body, where the body is the funtionallity I want to implement wiht html and stuff.

Hope you get the idea from the screencast

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for the ideas! We will consider including some kind of a 'restore' button which will populate the field for example with some default template. 

about a) The search widget does not contain any fields because it has persistent classes ( lucene type class ) which just have nothing that should be added.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed