Can't get the trial version to work

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:48

Can't get the trial version to work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Downloaded the trial version a few days ago (4.1, I believe), and have set it up as the Standard edition. I ran the wizard to create a new site using a local SQL Server (not SQLEXPRESS), but when I did so, it stayed on the "System is restarting" page for quite some time. When I restarted the Project Manager and tried the browse the site, I get the following exception:

Instance of 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode' with identity '1003093577-f669d9a7-009d-4d83-ddaa-000000000003' already exists in the cache of the object scope.

[DuplicateKeyException: Instance of 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode' with identity '1003093577-f669d9a7-009d-4d83-ddaa-000000000003' already exists in the cache of the object scope.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_66b2d3e3251b4087bbc3c9419d0e5bfc.CreatePageNode(Guid id) +253
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.CreatePageNode(Guid id) +46
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.CreateBackendRoot() +176
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.ResetBackendRoot(Boolean checkPermissions) +380
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer.Upgrade(Int32 upgradeFrom) +36
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +355
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +235
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +193
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +24
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +166
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +46
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +715
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +283
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +104
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

I am trying to evaluate this software for possible purchase by my company, and I have to say right now it's not looking so hot.

Thanks.

Also note that no new databases seem to have been created in my SQL instance.

Update: Reinstalled Telerik project manager. Deleted my first attempted site and created a new one. Now after the second screen when I enter create myself as the administrator, now I get:

The specified role "Administrators" already exists.

[ProviderException: The specified role "Administrators" already exists.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.OpenAccessRoleProvider.CreateRole(Guid id, String roleName) +448
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.EnsureRole(RoleDataProvider roles, RoleInfo role) +438
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.DoWork() +56
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.StartupWizard.wizard_FinishButtonClick(Object sender, InternalWizardNavigationEventArgs e) +141
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.InternalWizard.OnFinishButtonClick(InternalWizardNavigationEventArgs e) +96
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.InternalWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +540
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +161
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4648

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Howard,

Please take a look at the attached video demonstrating how to setup your Sitefinity Project from the Project Manager and using MS SQL Server, and let me know if the steps you are taking to reproduce this error differ from what I am doing, so that I can advise you further on this issue.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed