Missing Images Folder

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:51

Missing Images Folder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

I just did a clean install of the trial version for evaluation by my company and I do not have an images folder. I can upload images, create image ablums and such andI get a success message when uploading the image.

However, the image does not appear to get uploaded to the server and no preview is available in the back end. Furthermore, the URL Sitefinity give me for the image does not work.

When I look at the folders on the server there is no Images folder in the site. Any idea what's wrong here?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Hey Charles,

Sitefinity does not store the images in the file system, but in the database. That is why you do not see the /images folder in the file system. 
Still, the Sitefnity generates a URL like /images/default-library/something.jpg, but when you request that URL - it goes to the database and took the proper binary for the image. 

I just tried the same as you (uploaded an image) and it showed just fine both in the backend and the frontend.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Ok, that makes sense. Do you think perhaps theere is an issue with SQL 2008 R2? Any ideas at all why this isn't working? Right now this product fails to impress.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

I have looked through the database and there are no images in the database. I uploaded a new image, got a success message and still not images in the database. Anyone? Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

This is strange. I hope someone from the Telerik support team will help here.

You should see your image's metadata (title, alt, height, etc.) in the sf_media_content table and the binary data in the sf_chunks table. 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Vesko and Charles,

I think that the issue on Charles' end is that  the website is not properly configured in IIS (if you are running the website there). If you get a success message when you upload images and you get HTTP 404 error when trying to open the url of the media item in most cases this means that your website is missing the wildcard script handler mapping to aspnet_isapi.dll. You can see how to configure this for different versions of IIS here. Also please check if you have created a page called images. As this will create a url /images and will mess up library urls with the page url.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed