Breaking Change PageRouteHandler GetHttpHandler

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:48

Breaking Change PageRouteHandler GetHttpHandler

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

All custom PageRouteHandlers are broken in SF 4.1 SP1. The PageRouteHandler is no longer marked virtual or abstract. 

This broke the whole site I have created.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi John Tolar,

I’m really sorry for this. Indeed this is a backward compatibility breaking change, but we didn’t have any better alternative and we thought the chance that someone has overridden that method is pretty slim.

Sorry but you will have to modify your code and override BuildHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) instead. The implementation form GetHttpHandler method was moved to this one.

By the way, would you care to share why you need to override that class and what exactly is your use case? Any suggestions we can improve the API?

Regards,
Bob
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

We are using this to validate and rebuild templated url's. Before the external links in Q1 we had a method of creating external links by adding them to a database and the handler would validate security (do they have access, are they logged in). It would also allow the content editor to create a link to third party sites using sso (vendorsite.com, it would then parse the url and redirect using the parsed url.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi John ,

Thank you very much, it makes sense. Let me know if you would like to see some improvements in this regard or you have problems with the current implementation of PageRouteHandler.

Regards,
Bob
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed