The item does not have default url.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:52

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2011 00:00

After updating to 4.1 I have encountered the following error when I try to visit any page. 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.InvalidDataException: The item does not have default url.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidDataException: The item does not have default url.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessLibrariesProvider_210f13bf2de54fa18d16e61a9963440c.GetItemUrl(ILocatable item) +421
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.ContentManagerBase`1.GetItemUrl(ILocatable item) +38
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.DynamicLinksParser.GetContentUrl(String key, Guid id, Boolean resolveAsAbsoluteUrl, ContentLifecycleStatus status) +198
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Utilities.LinkParser.Resolve(HtmlChunk chunk, Int32 valueIndex, GetItemUrl itemUrl, ResolveUrl resolveUrl, Boolean preserveOriginalValue, Boolean resolveAbsolute) +965
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Utilities.LinkParser.ParseHtml(String html, GetItemUrl itemUrl, ResolveUrl resolveUrl, Boolean resolve, Boolean preserveOriginalValue, Boolean resolveAbsolute, ProcessChunk processChunk) +897
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Utilities.LinkParser.ResolveLinks(String html, GetItemUrl itemUrl, ResolveUrl resolveUrl, Boolean preserveOriginalValue) +35
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlockBase.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +109
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlock.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +16
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +82
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.225

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jaime,

Can you tell me if you have custom controls applied to your pages or master template? The error states that some links cannot be parsed do you have modifications to your project which override your links? Any additional information about your project would be helpful.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Is a broken link supposed to crash the website?
There is a custom form control but it is not shown on the front page. Shouldn't the application break on the page where the control is hosted?

The way I upgraded was to use the assemblies from the latest 4.1 version. I pasted them all into the bin as I read in another post. It seems that the project manager doesn't get upgraded when you install 4.1. A new project manager is installed. Therefore, I don't see any other way to upgrade the project.

Upgrades, should be one click. If not how can we expect our clients to pay for renewals when there could potentially be thousands of dollars of service work for each upgrade. 

If things break they should break somewhat silently. The page should render properly and an on-page error should appear with the problem control identified. Even, just disabling the page and reporting the error in the back-end would be better so people could still be up and running. 

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jaime,

The 4.1 release includes lots of new features some of which require the implementation of code that sometimes messes up with custom controls because the upgrade process migrates only the data, not custom controls and logic, which every user or developer can create. We will consider your suggestions regarding the error reports. If the issue is still at hand could you try and remove the control and then upgrade to our newer version?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed