I have a few questions:
1) When in the individual properties section, under details, it says there are 4 options (Author, Description, Resize, Thumbnail). However, when expand that box, only Author and Description are available. Possible make resize and thumbnail available as well?
2) When select an image to include in any area, can select the album but when mouse over the image, cannot see the title of the image. Possible this be set up so that when mouse over the image, can see it's title?
1. Currently resize and thumbnail functionality is not available. The label is wrong and we will fix it.
2. This is a very nice suggestion, thank you. There is a re-design of the Image Widget coming in the next releases. This task is already logged in our system. You can follow its status or vote in PITS. The ID is 4950.
the Telerik team
2. Is it possible to make changes in the script that display this window?
For example inherit user control from image control. Create a script copy for display this window and make some changes. After that load a script copy in user control instead of the original.
Here you can find nice explanation and sample of the concept of sitefinity widgets(controls) and designers :
You need to do following steps:
1) inherit ImageControl (just empty class, lets say NewImageControl)
2) Inherit ImageSelectorDesignerView (e.g. NewImageSelectorDesignerView) and implement specific logic you need there.
3) Inherit ImageSettingsDesigner class(e.g.NewImageSettingsDesigner ) and override method AddViews(that will allow to add your customized designer NewImageSelectorDesignerView ) like this:
protected override void AddViews(Dictionary<string, ControlDesignerView> views)
var insertImageViewSettings = new UploadImageDesignerView();
var imageSelector = new NewImageSelectorDesignerView();
4) On the top of NewImageControl class place ControlDesigner attribute, providing the type of the designer as an argument, like this: [ControlDesigner(typeof(NewImageSettingsDesigner))]
5) Replace at configuration standard image control with you customized NewImageControl(see attached screenshot).
Let us know if you find any issues with configuring your custom designer!
All the best,
the Telerik team