modify vs. edit

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:22

modify vs. edit

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Can someone tell me exactly what the difference between edit and modify a page is?

I want my users to be able to edit the content module on a page, but not able to change the page ordering in the backend or page title and properties?

What rights to do need to give them to do that? 

Right now they have edit rights but not modify.  When login as a test user I can save a draft of a page, but not send for approval.  If tells me I am not allowed to modify this page.  Do I need to be able to modify to send for approval and if so...what is the point of the Edit Page permission option?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

I was wondering the same thing.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for contacting us. Let me try to explain permissions for pages:

• Edit page content give your users the ability to change the content in a page
  • Modify page give your users the ability to publish items
  • Create widgets and layout elements give your users the ability to drop widgets in a page and to change their settings

We already started reworking the permissions for pages so that they are more explanatory.

All the best,

Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed