object reference not set to an instance of an object on ever

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:45

object reference not set to an instance of an object on every page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

I've just suddenly got this on all my pages - was getting a duplicate control id error previous to losing access to the whole site...

http://screencast.com/t/K0z2J4gYN

anyone any ideas - urgently please - thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear about the problems you experience with your website. Can you tell me if you got this problem after upgrade or at some other point in time? I tried to access your website and I did successfully browsed around it. ( please refer to the attached screenshot )If not can you tell me if you have any custom layouts or controls on your pages?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm not sure what has gone wrong... it then went on to take the server down. It seems ok now though. Any thoughts?

I do have a page that has managed to have duplicate content id's, could this be doing something, and how do I sort it out without it crashing when I edit them to put them right?

Thanks...

This is what I got as an error before it happened on one of my pages

screencast.com/.../EEWxPctd

I think I've copied and pasted some links and I've copied the content ids with me, have I?

What;s the best way to rescue the page?

Any quick help much appreciated... thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

We know there is an issue regarding the duplicated IDs which is a result of the upgrade process. However we managed to resolve the problem - I have attached an archive containing sample code that you have to run. 

The archive contains a simple ASPX page, which you have to include in your web site and visit through the browser. The code changes IDs of all controls found in your database. Please make a backup before executing it, just in case. Also, have in mind that it takes a while to execute because of your large database.

We tested it on the database you have provided and it seems to solve the problem. Let us know if you have any other issues.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor

I get the following eror: http://screencast.com/t/zNY67RNi1ao

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard Cross,

You can try and create a new page, and paste the rest of the code, without this header because sometimes the inheritance does not work properly. Just paste the template code and the actual code and run the page. There are not any special requirements /references etc./ which are needed for the page to run properly.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi Victor

I've tried this on my dev copy and it just times out... can you have a look?

It only seems a problem on one page, so do you think i can just recreate this page and copy across the content manually, or do you think it is throughout the site and I just haven't got any other problems yet?

Thanks...

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

You can create a new page, name it whatever you want and paste this code:

<form id="form1" runat="server">

This is the only code you want from UniqueIDs.aspx. The code behind this page can be copied and pasted to your new one and it will work. Just create a random .aspx page, place it in your Sitefinity folder and copy the contents from the page I sent you.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Sorry Victor... still not working for me... any other thoughts?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

Can you open a support ticket and send me your project so I can run the page on our local environment. Please include the database and your codebase.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Victor

Done... 426722.

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Victor

Any chance you could look at this today?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

I am currently downloading your project - once it is set up and I have some results will contact you in the support ticket you opened.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed