4.1 to 4.1 SP1 Getting an error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:49

4.1 to 4.1 SP1 Getting an error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

I'm getting a source error 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below

When I try to navigate to a page with a form on it, this happend after updating to Service pack 1, more on this error
Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace
[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +146
   System.Web.UI.Util.GetTypeFromAssemblies(IEnumerable assemblies, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +184
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +600
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +462
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.BuildControls(PageData pageData, List`1 controlConatiners, CursorCollection placeHolders) +832
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.RenderPage(StringBuilder output, PageData pageData, RequestContext context, String virtualPath) +308
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.Open(PathDefinition definition, String virtualPath) +255
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.VirtualPathManager.OpenFile(String virtualPath) +231
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) +256
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() +11197050
   System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() +135
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) +189
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() +265
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +46
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +580
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +619
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +203
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound) +189
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +56
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.BuildHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +892
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +11367992
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +266

I have no idea to fix this, thanks in advance :)

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

i think it because the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll is not updated correctly.

the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0,

the newest "Telerik.Sitefinity" assembly (4.1 SP1) is version 4.1.1395.0

maybe u can try updating the dll manually and the rebuild the website?

I have updated the dll's manually, and enabled assembly trace logging and got a bit more information on this issue, but restarting the server, replacing new dlls and rebuilding did not work. I was using http://www.sitefinity.com/marketplace/modules/forms-module-notification.aspx from the market area in 4.1 (non SP) and when I updated I put in the control type from a 4.1 SP1 test project (copy pasted), maybe I have the wrong control type for FormsCustomControl

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\t1web
LOG: DisplayName = Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/t1web/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\inetpub\wwwroot\t1web\bin
Calling assembly : FormsNotification, Version=0.0.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\t1web\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.1.1339.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/a6db31d5/457ef819/Telerik.Sitefinity.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/a6db31d5/457ef819/Telerik.Sitefinity/Telerik.Sitefinity.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/t1web/bin/Telerik.Sitefinity.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Build Number
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

I also tried deleting the temporary dll files in Framework64 but it did not do the trick!

Would be very nice to receive some help on this, we're trying to launch the website asap :)

Nevermind managed to fix this, thanks anyways :)

Just had to update the forms module notification module, my bad - just by replacing the dll files in the module and rebuilding that one! Should've thought of this earlier!

This thread is closed