I am at a dead end. Since i wanted the new 4.1 version because of the security issue, i just ran into problems.
Well i am using Custom Widgets and Custom Controls, which were functioning quite okay. And after the upgrade everything broke down :-(
I am building a page for a customer which will have lots of pages (Product Catalog). And he wanted Sitefinity as CMS. Every product page will have customizable texts and layouts. Thats why i have to generate these product pages.
The steps i made:
2. Upgraded with Project Manager
3. Upgraded all References to the new Sitefinity DLL (since the upgrading process doesn't make it in the web.config)
4. Opened the Backend (worked like a charm)
5. Opened my Customers Page (--> Object Reference Not Found) on each page.
6. Opened my Customers Page in Preview or Edit Mode ...works like a charm.
<break> so here i went after the forum and saw posts from steve and ivan and lot of other folks with same issues. I even tried the Layout Property fix. No can do. So i went down to the earth and tried to analyze the issue.
So here are my analyzing steps:
1. Create Blank Page (edit and view) --> Check
2. Create Blank Page with my Blank Custom Template (Its a Master file with empty content placeholders) --> Check
3. Create Blank Page and filled the Content Placeholders with Custom Widgets --> Check (Custom widgets like, Navigation, Teasers...and so on, worked all like a charm)
4. So far so good
5. Create Blank Page and filled with a Custom Layout Control ---> .BEEEEEEEP Exception
so i think it has to do with the custom layout control, but here i am at a dead end. The Exception (Invalid Template Name or Object Reference Not set doesnt bring me further)
Dear telerik guys, do you have any hints on that?
Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00
We are sorry for the delayed answer.
Would you provide us with more information about the errors you get and send us the source code of your custom layout?
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items