Replace the File in Library not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:20

Replace the File in Library not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

I have looked for a bug reported on this but couldn't find anything.

I need to replace a file in a library with a new version of that file.  I am using the "Replace the file" button in the Edit Properties of the file in the library.  It does not seem to replace the file however. When I click on Open the File, it is still the old version. If I click on the link that is already in the site, it is still the old version.  The file does not seem to bet overwritten?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
We are on version 4.0.  We could not seem to be able to successfully upgrade to 4.1 but maybe now with the 4.1 SP1.....

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Laura,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please specify which library you are using? Videos, Images or Documents&Files?

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

It is a Document and Files library.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I have logged this bug in our system for fixing.

Your Telerik points have been updated.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2011 00:00

Thank you.

Also, when selecting a file through the Library manage, there are always two listings for each file.  I noticed, the top one will append "?Status=Master" to the url...   what does that do, and why are there always two for each file listed, and which one should I choose?

Thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello Laura,

We will need more information to investigate the issue.Please, send us the steps you follow or make screen shots of the problem. What version of Sitefinity you are using? 

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2012 00:00

We have seen this behavior as well. At a certain point, when there were enough references to images that had the '?status=master' querystring on the url, it crashed Sitefinity. The symptoms were that Sitefinity said 'Restarting...'.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello

I have looked for a bug reported on this but couldn't find anything. We use Sitefinity with the version '4.4.2117.0 
' on our company intranet site.

I need to replace a file in a library with a new version of that file.  I am using the "Replace the file" button in the Edit Properties of the file in the library. When I click on Open the file I can see the  updated correct  File, but the version that the end user see   is still the old version.  This is a real big problem if you use that document on the several pages on the site. In that case you should locate all the pages which are including that document and take the care of all! Really big problem.

I wonder if you could help us about that issue..

Kind Regards 
Inanc

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Inanc,

In Sitefinity 4.4.2117 there is no such problem which was present in Sitefinity 4.0, however this problem will return an error log that might contain more information what is causing this.
Clear the log files(and save them in another folder) in App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs and go to change a document. An error log must be generated after a short time. If no log is generated examine the current request that the replacing of the image or document generates with firebug`s net tab and see if some request fails. If it does you can capture a service trace that will log information by modifying web.config of the project as described in this kb article.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed