Workflow Moreactions DE translation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:00

Workflow Moreactions DE translation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

If you have workflow enabled you get the attached screenshot under More actions

a) I have standard english and profile english but sitll have german parts (I have another post where I ask if its possible to import EN as language)

b) the messagen 'Veröffentlichung/Aufhebung der Veröffentlichung planen" is not clear in German what this should do. I would rewirte it to simply "Veröffentlichung planen"

c) it seems you can set an unpublish date to the past but this has no effect, the page of course is still visible. How does SF check if a page has to be unpublished or not?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for bringing this issues to us.

a) The translation issues in the backend you announced are logged and we are grateful for your insight.

b) The message is aimed to translate Publish/Unpublish and in my little knowledge of German "Aufhebung der Veröffentlichung planen" is "Repeal of the publication plan" and "Veröffentlichung planen" which is Publication schedule is not very similar to Unpublish.

c) There is a check to see if the unpublish date is not in the past ( see screenshot ). What is your scenario on making it allow an old date?

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Stanislav

b) "Veröffentlichung planen" would translate to plan publishing which sais it all instead of publishing/cancel publishing planning as it is now.

c) you are not checking if the unpublishing date is in the past. You are checking if the unpublishing date is bigger then the publishing date - and thats a difference.

Markus

Hello Markus,

The unpublish date should be bigger than the publish date by design. You publish today and unpublish tomorrow. Is that the issue?

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Imagine this

a) its the 20th you set a page up to be shown from 20th till the 24th
b) its the 23rd today and you change the schedule to be from 20th till 22nd which you could do (it might not make sense but it can be done)
c) this page has a new schedule from 20th till 22nd. the page would then be correctly offline
d) by any change someone enters the page and hits publish then the unpublish date would be shown as 22nd which has already passed.

It all relates down to me not really understanding first that function of publishing/unpublishing schedule. But this is what actually happened to me.

Since to me as a simple end-user the publish/unpublish date/time is a property of the page and not an action.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

The topic has already been discussed here.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed