4.1 SP1 Blogs, Events, News fields do not update

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:45

4.1 SP1 Blogs, Events, News fields do not update

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hey all,

Again, sorry to Telerik for posting in the forums and creating a ticket at the same time.  I'm under a severe crunch time, and given the time difference, I'm tossing this out here to see if anyone has run into this.  I'm at day four now of just trying to get SP1 to work and have run into another issue.

After converting to SP1, my title, content and summary fields in the main modules (Blogs, Events, News) do not update.  The custom fields i have setup for each module DO update, as do the Taxonomies.  However, those main fields remain unchanged.

Haven't seen a posting describing that here, so it may be my own isolated issue.

Anyone?

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Update on this is that I did find two reproducible bugs in fresh installs of 4.1 SP1, one of which removes persisted values on fields like Title, Content and Summary for modules.  Not sure yet if that's an official bug.

However, wondering if anyone out there knows a value for EditorSkin that I can drop in to my Content field definition through settings.  When it writes EditorSkin="" into my configuration file (which it does every time I go into settings and hit save), it destroys my Content field layouts.

If I knew a safe value to put into EditorSkin, maybe the default value is what it needs, I could at least solve one of my issues here.

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hello William,

1) Bug with the field controls.

The bug is related to that when you save configurations for a particular field control, it does not pass down the default values configured for properties to the configuration file. As is the case with editor skin (default value is Sitefinity):

[ConfigurationProperty("editorSkin", DefaultValue="Sitefinity")]
[ObjectInfo(typeof(ConfigDescriptions), Title = "EditorSkinCaption", Description = "EditorSkinDescription")]
public string EditorSkin
    get

return (string)this["editorSkin"];

set

this["editorSkin"] = value;

You can track the first bug from here.

2) The second bug is similar to the first one. It is not able to take properly the default values for the associated field control. You can monitor the bug progress from here.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Thanks much, Radoslav.

This thread is closed