4.1 NewsItem migration problem with dates

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:28

4.1 NewsItem migration problem with dates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

issue migrating from 3.7sp4 to 4.1

All NewsItems migrated across show the date as the date they were migrated rather then the previous publish date.

The DB table shows this in all the date fields, ie publication_date, last_modified , and date_created

The migration code (latest from codeplex) clearly show this information being set to the original migrated values.

In MigrationNews.cs :

case "Publication_Date":
publicationDate = DateTime.Parse(metaData.Value.ToString());

newsItem.DateCreated = newsContent.DateCreated;
newsItem.LastModified = newsContent.DateModified;

Stepping through, i can see that the correct historic values are being passed in so this is clearly a bug when the NewsItem gets written to the DB.

Is there a way to make this work correctly?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hello Derek Bond,

Thank you for using our services. Can you, please, take a look at this forum thread which contains a discussion on this matter and a code sample that shows a possible way for backdating your NewsItems. If you need any additional information on this matter, please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

@Boyan, Will this issue ever be resolved? This just seems so wrong that you continue to assume that all news is published when added to the site and that nobody will every be adding old news to a site. Is this is PITS (PITS really sucks for trying to search for items), I'd love to have the link so we can get more and more people voting for this issue. 

Telerik may think this is properly designed but  think it's a bug or a terrible design decision.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson, Derek Bond,

I have logged this issue as a bug in our system and we'll be working on synchronizing the code sample I've mentioned in my post below to one of the upcoming change sets of the Sitefinity migration tool so that the dates are preserved when importing content items. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed