Updateing Template -> republish pages (javascript)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:01

Updateing Template -> republish pages (javascript)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

With SP1 the feature was introduced (or bug removed) that you had to republish your pages in order to get changes in a template applied.

This seems to work now BUT

When I drag a JavaScript Widget on the template and later change some scripts I need to republish the pages again in order to have the changes applied.

Can anyone confirm?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

I didn't manage to reproduce this problem. Here are my steps.

1. Created a js file in the root of the project with a simple function in it
2. Went to templates and add js widnget on the template, then linked it to the js file I created in step 1.
3. Opened a page and added another js widget where I called my function
4. Edited the js file created in step 1 and requested the page again where I saw the new data.

Page caching was disabled.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan the steps are  bit different.

Of course changes in a JS file would work since the link is still the same. I talk about real changes in JS directly.

1) create a template
2) add some JScript inot the template: alert("test 1")

3) crate a page based on template
4) open the page in browse - you should get the alert

5) return to template
6) change script to: alert("test 1 changed")

7) refrest page in browser - you probably still get the test1 alert

---------------
To me it seem like before 4.1 SP1 when you changed a template you had to republish the pages based on template to have the changes applied. This was fixed in 4.1 SP1

It seems changes in a Scirpt widget don't trigger the refresh process. Sorry for beeing not clear in my first post.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

I am not able to replicate this issue with the latest build. Each modification to the template and the js widget added there results in changes to the page output.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

I just checked again and indeed it does work. Maybe it was a page caching issue i missed.

Sorry. Markus

This thread is closed