No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap"

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:40

No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00
Well on thing is fore sure developing or better simply working with SF 4.x is never dull.

I get this error now and can not enter there front or back-end.

HELP any idea. No I don't think I have done enything special. I did NOT move anything into productions. It simply STOPPED working.

And I really start not to care weather Telerik can reproduce it or not. More then one is having this problem and even Gabe seemed to have run into it.

I have a NOT working Site now. Still in development but I am convinced at the moment this can happen to any site any time.

If no better anwser then

Have you change DB name or SQL Connection here then I must open a ticket - Sure hope Telerik will then treat it urgently. So much time is lost with SF at the moment.

Markus

I did read
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-frontendsitemap.aspx

and

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-quot-frontendsitemap-quot.aspx
Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

I renamed my local App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config

to ProjectConfig_old.config

Downloaded my App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config from the server and compared it. And yes the Project name was GONE. Simply empty.

I put my project name back in and uploaded the file, restarted the server and the site was back on!

So this fixed it!

----------------------------------

BUT - I tell you it was no move to production, no changes - unbelivable as it might sound - this just happened.

So Telerik - do me and others a favoir and think about what, when, were the ProjectConfig.config filecould have been changed online in a production envirement!!

Again.
- Local file had the string. So it could not be an FTP Upload error
- No move to production
- No changes in SQL DB

Just simply an EMPTY !

And please go further then just: we can not reproduce it!

Maybe this will help: I see that the following files have all been changed at the same time on the server.

SystemConfig.config
SecurityConfig.config
PagesConfig.config
DataConfig.config

I did not check this but I would assume that the ProjectConfig.config was changed around the same time.

So something updated these 5 files at the exact same time.
Markus
This thread is closed