Custom field with selection of multiple choices

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:21

Custom field with selection of multiple choices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

HI All!

I want to extend sitefinity 4.x Document & Files Module and want to add a custom field, In this custom field option I want to show a number of check boxes where user can check multiple check boxes.
The selected check boxes values should be accessible, which I can use in my front end  controls.

Please let me know how it is possible. I tried but It saved only one selected value not mutiple. The error on mutiple selection is attached in Image.

any suggestion ?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi waqar,

We need to see how you bind your control and what are the values you use. The code you added breaks the entire content item. Make sure that you use correct types for the custom field. You should pass the selected values as json.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply.

You can find the details at the link given below.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/checkboxes-custom-field-in-documents-files-module.aspx

Please tell me how can I achieve this functionality asap.
Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

I am getting worse problem...... i Added 2 multichoices custom field and select INT and INTEGER data TYPE because i wanted  to get numerical value from the radio buttons user selects. The process were successfull but then  when i clicked on Content => Blogs...Sitefinity Crashed and giving me error kind of ...... fail to convert string to int ..etc etc......
i am still trying to figure it out on how to remove 2 custom fields i had created..because i even could get into Blog Content..( it crashed evertime i tried to get into it ).....HELP PLEASE....at least tell me how to remove those 2 custom fields by code...otherwise i am screwed !

Hello John!

Not a problem dear, same thing happened with me many times while I was learning it. What you need to do is,
1- Goto the sitefinity database search the tables that contains column name and text in tables with name you created the fields. (SQL query for search text and column name from a database is available on internet )
 2- Goto the App_data --> Sitefinity --> Configuration here you will find a number of xml configuration files. You have to find and delete the fields you created. With this there are many xml configurations files in the folder which are not included in the project so you have to open it into windows explorer and search the filed you created by text and delete them too.
3- Save, build your project and login again. Hope this will work for you too.
---Remember to backup your project files and database as well.

Hope this will work for you as well OR wait for 2 days to get sitefinity team reply.

Regards!

I have searched BlogsConfig.config to workflowConfig.config..searching "ServiceLines" and "Industry" custom field i created....but none.....

Ok jhon,

Would you like to send me your web application and database at mwaqarhaider@gmail.com ? I can do this for you.

Its my pleasure to help you on this :-)

regards!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Would you like to reply? Sitefinity Team?

finally i did it...by following waqar advice...i deleted the field on the tables...thanks

Thats gud dude :-)

But What about my problem? sitefinity team is not helping out me. I am hanged up at this point since last week. I have posted the issue in more than 8 posts but no reply from sitefinity team.

Lets see when sitefinity team will hear me, but its nice to hear from you JHON.

Regards!

This thread is closed