News unpublish time

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:13

News unpublish time

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

First the bug, then the suggestions

when I schedule a news item to be unpublished at 16:40 / 4:40 pm (*_time_01.png) then the time it will be unpublished is shown as 02:40 (*_time_02.png)

02:40 would acutally be 12 hours off - great :-)

-----------------------

Sugestions

1) Who ever came up with the idea of hiding the publish/unpublish in More Actions here as well. Isn't this a bit esential in news that they are published at a specific time?

Please move it to the main page where text is.

2) In the overview of all the news item it sure would be nice if I not only see in the text under the news when a item is about to be unpublished but also when in the future from when till when a item will be visilbe ("_time_03.png)

Comon UI team! After 2 years of development and 4 month in production we should have a better usability!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for contacting us.
Your observations and suggestions are straight to the point.
Our UX team is currently working to improve this feature. We received a lot of feedback on this from the usability test we conducted few months ago.

Unfortunately, UI changes cannot be made as quickly as we want to but still we are on the road to a better and more user-friendly UI.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

What about the bug? 0ublishing time beeing wrong!

These kind off bugs MUST be fixes in a SP2 and can in my opinion not wait for Q2.

Has this bug been loged
Are you working on iIs a time for a fix set.

One of your competitor seems to fix bugs within a week. At the moment we get usually a wee are working on it, we hafve it in the next internal build (which does not help any) or even a changes are hard to be made bla bla.

Yesterday I took the time to start lookin simply at all available end user features and must tell you to me it seems ther is a lot of fixing to do for you guys - and some bugs seem to be core bugs.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Yes, this bug will be also fixed.

We are working very hard to fix all the bugs reported by our clients and we realize that sometimes we are not on the schedule.

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience this may cause you.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed