SP 4.1 SP1: Controls on Template Page Don't Show Through

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:22

SP 4.1 SP1: Controls on Template Page Don't Show Through

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

I'm just going to cut to the chase cause i am beyond frustrated with this platform.

I upgraded from 4.0 SP1 to 4.1 SP1 and are now all the controls that are on a Page Template do not show up on any of the pages that use that Page Template.  I'm not about to add the controls to over 200 pages on the site.  That is the point of masterpages.  The controls show up and render fine when viewing the page template in the backend.  They even show up when u view a page, in the backend but when you view it on the frontend you get nothing regardless if you are logged in or not to the backend.

Fix this!

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi Michael,

Do you use nested master pages? I saw similar problem when there are nested master pages and the IDs of the controls get lost if  content placeholders in the child master are not valid. his results in placeholders displaying fine in Sitefinity backend, you are able to drag and drop content in them, but on the frontend version of the page the controls are not rendered.

sample

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderHeader1" runat="server">
<asp:Contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolderHeader1" runat="server" />
</asp:Content>

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

yes there are nested masterpages, but the names are unique.  This worked perfectly fine in 4.0.  Now i have to change everything just to make it work in 4.1?

i have the exact same behaviour. But the difference is, i dont use nested masterpages!

i can see my page template controls in the edit and preview mode, but not in live mode.

Strange! 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello Dave,

1. Check whether you have needed permissions. It is better to test with an administrator
2. You can try to move the controls between the placeholder and publish the page to see if the controls will appear.
3. If the problem persists, open a support request and send FTP credentials from where we can get the project and set it locally.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan

Thanks for your response

Well the first two steps didn't work.

But what did work is this:

In the LayoutControls i had div tags like this:

<div class="someclass someotherclass sf_cols">
<div class="someclass someotherclass sf_colsOut">
<div class="someclass someotherclass sf_colsIn">
</div
</div>
</div>

Then i made these changes and all worked again:

<div class="someclass someotherclass">
<div class="sf_cols">
<div class="sf_colsOut">
<div class="sf_colsIn">
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div
</div>
</div>

Strange isn't it? I had to change my CSS Files some but it works for now.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

I have a similar problem with the layout. I have a template named "master" based on a masterpage and  another template "inner" that is based on the "master" template. when I add a user control(RadTabStrip/MultiView) in a layout element that is located inside a layout element in the "inner" template, the control loads the tabs and pageviews with data and works as expected in design and edit  but in preview or live when I click on a tab it doesn't switch to the selected tab.  I took a look with firebug and find a js error :
f is not a constructor
/ScriptResource.axd?d=TKknSMjAZfk6PyMNNFwqm2c1cyuAdFBAfNlqga38VxI5twv81vJQ_WhL8Ki11pZes75_X1SeUKcdabNIh44DFubt_dJOkP3VV83Yos_EgHfDzegS4xgNPPaxOXwiWRsBvvFR_fXf6TVbhawk1C6dI-IrHhE-EvA_XfqbNFs_Gy9STCIVhWqiZxb3Wi9DXbOP7SstmqGFwKb2Bn-QvBGqAA2&t=ffffffff959469f4
Line 2147 

I've also tried the control on a simple layout element in "inner" template and the control works fine in both live  and edit.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Tudor,

I have followed the scenario you described, and still the issue does not reproduce. Here's what I did
1. Create a master page with 3 content placeholders
2. Create a template in Sitefinity, called "master" that's using the master page as template
3. Create a template in Sitefinity called "inner" based on "master"
4. Inside "inner" I have the 3 placeholders by default. I have placed a layout element in one of them and placed the TabStripTest control (the one I have shown you in a video form the there thread you had open on this topic).
5. For the sake of complete testing I have also tried these scenarios:
a) TabStripTest placed outside of the placeholders
b) TabStripTest placed in a layout element added to the "inner" template

In all the above scenarios the control is showing up in both design, preview, and live mode. I have also experimented with having multiple instances of the control on my page, which all worked fine (tab switching)/ Please let me know if the steps I've taken differ from what I've done, please let me know, so I can inspect this issue further.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello again, 

I found the source of the problem, it wasn't the layout but another  widget that was on the same page, widget that apparently was working fine.  

Thanks for testing it anyway. 

This thread is closed