Multiple choice Custom Field on Blog Post Crashes The Blogs

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:20

Multiple choice Custom Field on Blog Post Crashes The Blogs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I just created a custom field on Blog Post, it is a multiple choice (radio buttons) i called it Service Lines which contains 4 options. I chosed Integer and INT datatype. It was successfull. But then when i clicked on Content => Blogs  .. all the sudden sitefinity was crashed giving me error message  ......fail ...unable to cast string type to int ....something like like that.  Is there anyway i could removed that custom field i had created already on Blog Post form by code or from Administrator sections ? Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

I sent you a sample code that shows how to remove the field in this forum post. Please provide detailed steps about this issue, so out QAs can verify if there is a bug with ChoiceField control.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Step 1. Click on Content => Blog
step 2. Click the checkbox on the blog item. in my case i had created Publication blog
step 3. Click Create Post
step 4. See the right side window, click on Create Custom Field
Step 5.  Type template name Testing
Step 6. On DB Type select INTEGER
Step 7. On DB SQL select INT
Step 8 . Select Multichoice
Step 9. click ok ok ok (just by default let choice those 3 choices).
Now you go to Content => blog...

It would show you error.... fail to convert string to int etc etc....

It seems that multichoice is only accepting text or varchar as values but not integer..

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hello John,

Thank you for the detailed description of the problem. I'm logging it as a bug, which you can follow here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6241 and I updated your Telerik points. 

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed