Content blocks order issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:07

Content blocks order issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

After upgrading to 4.1 SP1 I got a strange behaviour : a content block with a single image which should be on top (see template screenshot) is viewed at bottom (see page screenshot).
An other strange thing is that
Any idea on this ?

Thanks

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Vincent,

There were some issues with the ID property of the ConetentBlock, which actually was rewritten to shared content. Another option would be lost reference to the sibling when you use nested master pages.
Do you have problems with other controls?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I have not seen any problem of that kind with other controls.
I would say that it is likely a nested master page problem because it happens when a content block is added above content blocks that belong to the base template.
Note that when editing a page and previewing this page, content blocks appear as needed.

Is there a workaround ?

Thanks

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi Vincent,

Please review your page layout. Make sure that the image widget is placed in a layout element. If it is placed outside of a layout element, later when rendered in will go after all the widgets placed inside layout elements. I made a screenshot ilustrating my point. On the left you see 4 image widgets. 1 to 3 are placed in layout elements of the page template. The 4th is placed above all layout elements, so to say in the blank space. In the Edit page you see it above everything. The page is published and open in another browser so you can see the page in the same screenshot. You see that 4th block goes bellow others.
The solution to the above is:
     1. to move away the Image widget
     2. In Layout mode place there an empty layout element
     3. In Content mode place that Image widget in the layout element
     4. Publish the page.

You can see this on the second screenshot.

Greetings,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed