Link to a doc in library (right click edit link)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:58

Link to a doc in library (right click edit link)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

- Create a doc library
- upload a image
-----------
- crate a page
- add content block
- in content block write "my document" select text and link to uploaded document
-----------
Save page
---------
open page
edit content block
right click on edit link (wanted to make the pdf open in new window)
---------
Error (translated from German) You are trying to access an entry that does no longer exist. Most probably it was deleted by another user.

It seems you can only edit links to pages but not links you set to an internal document from library

See screenshot

Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

There is an already logged bug in our public issue tracking system. The bug ID is 5984. You can track it using this url:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5984

Here is a way to make your document open in a new window or edit your link to an internal document from a library:
1. Open your page
2. Edit Content block
3. Click "HTML" in order to switch to HTML editing mode
4. Now you can edit your link to an internal document
In case you want to make your document open in a new window, you have to insert target="_blank" in your <a> tag. Your HTML code will look like this:
<a sfref="..." title="..." href="..." target="_blank">my document</a>

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Miroslava
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Miroslava

Thanks for the detailed workaround (which of course I knew). But this is no solution for end-users so I hope to see this bug fixed in an upcomming official release.

Markus

This thread is closed