4.1 TabStrip / MultiPage Control Works in Edit mode but not

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:34

4.1 TabStrip / MultiPage Control Works in Edit mode but not in live

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

I've created a TabStrip/MultiPage control that loads info from a list, each PageView of the multipage represents the content of ListItem . The problem is that the control works fine in the Edit mode but doesn't work in Preview or Live .
When I click on a tab in Preview Or Live nothing happens instead of showing the right pageview even it loades the content  but  firebug shows an error :
f is not a constructor
/ScriptResource.axd?d=TKknSMjAZfk6PyMNNFwqm2c1cyuAdFBAfNlqga38VxI5twv81vJQ_WhL8Ki11pZes75_X1SeUKcdabNIh44DFubt_dJOkP3VV83Yos_EgHfDzegS4xgNPPaxOXwiWRsBvvFR_fXf6TVbhawk1C6dI-IrHhE-EvA_XfqbNFs_Gy9STCIVhWqiZxb3Wi9DXbOP7SstmqGFwKb2Bn-QvBGqAA2&t=ffffffff959469f4
Line 2147
This is the ascx template.

1.<telerik:RadTabStrip runat="server" ID="RadTabStrip1" Orientation="HorizontalTop"
2.       CssClass="tabsHolder tabsMenu" Skin="Athena" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" SelectedIndex="0"
3.       MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1">
4.   </telerik:RadTabStrip>
5.   <telerik:RadMultiPage runat="server" ID="RadMultiPage1" SelectedIndex="0" CssClass="tabsPanes">
6.   </telerik:RadMultiPage>

and on Code behind I load the data.. the code looks like this:
01.ProductList = this.Page.Title;
03.            var lists = App.WorkWith().Lists().Get().Where(li => li.Title.Equals(ProductList)).First();
04.            int i = 1;
05.            foreach (var listItem in ((Telerik.Sitefinity.Lists.Model.List)lists).ListItems.Distinct())
07.                if (RadTabStrip1.Tabs.FindTabByText(listItem.Title.ToString()) == null)
09.                    RadTab tab = new RadTab();
10.                    tab.Text = listItem.Title;
11.                    //tab.Text = listItem.Title + " " + RadTabStripTab.Tabs.Count;
12.                    RadTabStrip1.Tabs.Add(tab);
13.                    Literal listContent = new Literal();
14.                    listContent.Text = listItem.Content;
17.                    RadPageView page = new RadPageView();
18.                    page.CssClass = "tabPane";
19.                    page.ID = "RadPageView" + i++;
20.                    page.Controls.Add(listContent);
21.                    RadMultiPage1.PageViews.Add(page);

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Tudor,

Thank you for using our services. I will need some more time to explore this issue, and will get back to you with more detailed information by tomorrow end of business day.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Tudor,

Please excuse the delay in my reply. I have set your code up in a test control that I'm dropping on a Sitefinity page. Please take a look at the provided video showing that it's working properly in edit, preview, and live modes of the page. I'm also attaching the sample control I've used. Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues, and provide me with some more additional information about your project, as the control itself is working as it's supposed to on my blank project.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/275855_5F00_TabStripTest_2D00_files.rar:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/275856_5F00_TabStripTest_2D00_video.rar:320:240]

This thread is closed