News - Filter by category - Sub category not showing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:09

News - Filter by category - Sub category not showing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to put a news widget on a page and select to display only a specific subcategory. Under News, I have many subcategories (Legal, Member, etc). However, they no longer appear in the Select a category box. If I try to narrow by typing in the search I get the message: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Dear Amanda

I was able to double click the categorie or checkbox in a nother case an that showed me the subcategories. This happend in the document download list. I guess we would expect that if you check a checkbox with subcategories that the subcategories would become visible.

Could you try if this works in News as well - have not testet sorry.

Markus

Well, that sure did it. Thanks!

Well Amanda

Under 1 hours and Telerik has fixed the problem :-)

@Telerik
I came across this also by try and error. Maybe it could be considered a feature request that when you check a checkbox of a categorie with subcategories the categorie gets expanded.

Have a nice weekend.

Markus

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is a bug and we have it logged in our system for fixing.

Your Telerik points are updated.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed