Page Groups are acting retarded

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:27

Page Groups are acting retarded

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2011 00:00

Ok, so I have a root page, and below that I have about 10 sub-pages

After I finished the 10 sub pages, I converted the root to a page group

Now when I click the root in the nav menu, it brings me to the first page....instead of not being a link and just facilitating the radmenu dropdown for subpages??

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

This is the default behavior we have for Group pages, can you please share with us the exact use case scenario you want implemented, so maybe I could provide you with a possible workaround?

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

I want my root nav menu to show "Links", hover-over it, and the child items display...but I don't want the "Link" item to navigate me to a page...since it's not a page....

For example: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/menu/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx
"Edit"...doesn't do anything

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Boyan, here's a perfect example (see attached)

So the title control I have grabs the page title of the current Node...which is the page group, however you're showing me the content of the first page inside that group...so even to ME who did this, I'm confused as to what's going on...

I don't want the groups to render as links...they aren't pages...

@Steve

I assume you have programmed something yourself to get the page title and have it displayed.

PageGroups redirect to the first child page in the group.
The URL will not change you will still have the pagegroups URL in the browser. So if you pulling your title using the currentpage based on that this could be the problem.

I guess it would help telerik if you could past the code on how you retrieve your page title (still assuming you programmed something there)

Markus

PS: I think what everybody does is that the URL will change to the child page. Menus are opened to the childpages leve, selected styles are applied to the style menu.

@Markus,
  But it messes with the Nav menu as well since it's selecting the page group node and not the first level...

If you look at the panelbar the selected page IS the page group...my current page is the page group and not the first page below it...the page group page is just using the content defined in the first child page.

Hi Steve,

As we'll be introducing several changes in the Navigation widget and our SiteMapDataSource, I'm also logging this thread as feature request.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Boyan,
  When can we expect those base changes...next release?

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

We are currently wokring on introducing new functionalitites for the Navigation control for Q2, I have logged the PITS issue for the next major release, if we have enough development time hopefully it will make it in. You can track the issue status and vote for it on the above link.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed