Old Events

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:00

Old Events

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2011 00:00

I'm trying to migrate an Old (non SF) site into 4, but adding in the events, they're all sorting\showing in the widgets in the ADDED order (date entered into the CMS, not by the start date of the event)

So I've got events from 2008 showing up first in my events list...??

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2011 00:00

Additionally it's amazingly irritating that I can't see the event dates in the backend event grid...again, just the date created

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Do you use the migration tool or you do this with some other tool? In the code you use have you set EventStart and EventEnd fields?
DateCreated is set to DateTime.Now when CreateEvent method of the data provider is called. Of course DateCreated value could be changed. The property can be set after you create the item.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Nope, using the SF4 backend "Add new Event"

I'm just manually migrating site content from an old site.

I edited the DB directly to change the date created, but that didn't work...I think it;s sorting by DateModified...?

Hello Steve,

The backend sorts the events by PublicationDate DESC. This is the sort parameter passed by the service. You can change the sort order through the configurations

Events >> Controls >> EventsBackend >> Views >> EventsBackendList

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Oh sorry, I don't mean the backend, I'm talking about the WIDGET...

Hi Steve,

The public control also uses  PublicationDate DESC (Home > ControlDefinition > Views > EventsFrontendList)

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ok so I'll just update everything to use the StartDate, thanks

This thread is closed