images not showing up

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:06

images not showing up

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

At first the thumbnails and the image not showing up in preview. Not sure what fixed the thumbnail issue but they are showing up now.

Here is what I've done so far:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sitefinity.com/sf3/troubleshooting.html#31 (however I don't have Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler in the bin folder)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the configurations please go to: ~/Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Advanced>Libraries>Images>UrlRoot and change the value to something like sf-images.

All items that existed before the change, should be updated to use the new UrlRoot. This can happen with the execution of the following code:

var imagesFacade = App.WorkWith().Images();
imagesFacade.ForEach(
        img =>

((IContentManager)imagesFacade.GetManager()).RecompileItemUrls(img);

).SaveChanges();

I named it imageslib, this all seemed to work
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
added mime types .xaml, .xap and .xbap
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The images will not show on preview or when the site is published. Also doesn't show thumbnail on Edit image page.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Craig,

The image url recompilation logic is implemented internally in method SaveChanges of images facade, so the problem will be fixed after execution the code: 

var imagesFacade = App.WorkWith().Images();
 imagesFacade.SaveChanges();

Let me know if you still experience problems! Thanks!

Best wishes,
Milena
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

Totally the same problem here. Added mime types as advised but still not showing images.  Also tried the UrlRoot but no luck at all.  We need help pls!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Min,

Can you answer following questions in order to be sure that I understand correctly what is the problem  :

1) Did you have working images before you changed the root url of images at configuration?
2) Do you have working images under Cassini web server?
3) Do you have working images on a local project ?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Milena,

Thank for the support.  Below are my answers to the questions.

1. No
2. I am not using Cassini web server
3. Yes

But you know what, I did not know what made the trick.  All images are showing now on my staging server.

Thanks anyway, Milena!

Cheers,
Min

This thread is closed