Customer Membership and Role Providers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:36

Customer Membership and Role Providers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

I have my custom Membership and Role provider, now, mostly working.  I had to use hacky methods to convert long's to Guid's, but that wasn't a show stopper.

My big concern at this point is peformance.  At login, the GetAllUsers method is called at least (4) times.  I don't even understand why it would be called at all during login.

After successfully logging in, the GetUsersInRole method is called.  This again, is a HUGE performance hit when I have 20+ roles and 10,000+ users.

I see no purpose for these methods to be called, especially at the points where they are called.  It causes a significant and noticeable degredation of performance / user experience.  Is anyone at Telerik working to optimize the Membership/Role provider wrappers?

Last question - is there a way to have the login method execute other routines after validation?  On our pervious Sitefinity 3.7 site, I would stuff extra data into the auth cookie and adjust things like the 'remember me' properties of the cookie.  Is this possible with Sitefinity 4.x?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

We are aware of this issue. We plan to do some performance improvements for the upcomming SP2 release due next week.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hey Stephen,

When you say you have your custom Role Provider working and being able to log in, do you mean through the frontend of your site? I am attempting to do the same thing, where I use my own custom Membership Provider and custom Role Provider to log in through the frontend. I have the custom Membership Provider working, but the custom Role Provider is not working. Can you give me details about how you got it to work?

Thanks,

Leng

This thread is closed