Urgent document widget bugs

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:48

Urgent document widget bugs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2011 00:00

1) Backend browser I'm unable to chain filters...so I cant select a library, then click to filter by tagS and categorIES...if I click a tag or a category, it just does a single filter.  This is a nightmare when you have a large amount of documents..  I need to be able to visualize the docs that will showup in a filtered document widget...so that brings us to the document widget

2) Watch: http://screencast.com/t/8NN3voKi
So I've spent the time to create a hierarchy of categories and tags to filter out these documents, but I can't actually get the files onto the page now :(  I'm going to have to manually add the docs in with the single widget, but that then prevents people from uploading directly to the library so the widget auto-shows new documents

**EDIT**
3) Brought this up before but now that I have to use the single widget...it doesn't have search by name or taxons

4) Ok, now here's another bug: http://screencast.com/t/q4kiWzvy3j It appears that the ID of the item selected isn't changing fast enough so when the list loads whatever ID item 3 has doesn't change even though the list has...but it eventually gets there...but not eventually enough for users who wont understand that.

When I can attempt basic advertised functionality and get 4 bugs in 20 minutes, what's QA doing over there?...I'm just a bit frustrated right now...this site has been in dev since RC2 and I can't deliver it as is when there's always a usability bug...something, somewhere is always just not working right.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

@Steve

You can drill down to the children by double clickking the title of the parent categorie.

We have reported this. You would expect that when you check  a checkbox that it would open. But double clicking should do the trick.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

I tried replicating what you're saying, but I'm perhaps just not sure what you mean?

What I would like to happen is that it remembers what I've previously clicked, so I can essentially create a filter (like you do in the widgets)....so give me all in CatX with TagsY,Z

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

I am really sorry fo the inconvenience caused. We will need some more time to investigate the problem you describe and offer you a solution.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Any update?

#2 is rather critical as it makes the entire widget useless for nested categories

Hi Steve,

Please excuse me for the late reply.

Problem #2 has already been reported and logged in our system for fixing. The PITS issue ID is 5990. I will raise its priority internally and will do my best to have it fixed in the Q2 release.  

One workaround is to type the item ID manually in the widget properties, which is very inconvenient.
Another idea is to use the Categories and Tags widgets in the page. This way you will be able to filter your content while we fix the issue with selection of child categories.

The other problems you report are logged in our system for fixing. I  have updated your Telerik points.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

One workaround is to type the item ID manually in the widget properties

Slick workaround, nice thinking!  If I set that while developing the page, potentially by the time I give it to the users you'll have it fixed and nobody will be the wiser

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting back to me. I absolutely agree this is not a solution.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing you and as I have mentioned before, we will do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed