4.1 CMS Doesn't hold session

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:44

4.1 CMS Doesn't hold session

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Guys

I was working on a project with SF4.1, and at the drop of a hat, it logs me off saying "You have been logged out from another computer or browser window." (

After that, cleared the cache, all my cookies, basically made sure there was no trace that I have logged on. It then still shows that I'm logged in.

Anyway, I log in and hit the dashboard, and as soon as I try to navigate to any page, it logs me off again.

Any idea why? I'm using small business edition.

A speedy reply would be much appreciated.

Hello Charles,

Could you please ensure that you are the only one using this username at this point? Also, is your project deployed on a shared hosting with limited memory?

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Georgi 

I am the only person with my password, and I know that I am the only one logged in at that time (checked IP Traces in DB).

We have a private server, with ample memory available (as confirmed by my IT department), so this is not the case.

Do you have any other ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Charles,

My only other suggestion is that the memory on the shared hosting is not enough and the pool recycles itself. The message is pretty strange though. Can you please let us know how much memory does your hosting provide for your application?

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Did you find the issue with this? I have a server with tons of memory, several other sites running fine on it (including some 3.7 systems), and no other issues. Still get this error every 10 seconds. Very frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Solomon Shaffer

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Solomon ,

Do you use the latest version of Sitefinity 4.1 - SP2? We could not replicate the issue locally.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi, I'm having the same problem as well.

it seems fairly random as to why it occurs, but it happens atleast once or twice a day and affects all users.

I'll raise a Help desk job with word doc attached with screen shots, but here are the notes on what I can see.

Steps taken
* I go in to edit a page, news, event.
* It redirects me to the login screen with "you have been logged out from another computer or browser window".
        * FROM this point it actually appears that the contents of an IFRAME got redirect to the login screen.  The URL does not change from now on in.
* I enter my details to login and it comes up with "Someone is already using this username and password from another comptuer or browser. To proceed, you need to log him/her off."
I know I'm the only one using my account.
I Click "Log the other user off and enter"  (warning popup, I click OK)
* redirects back to the login screen (still in the IFrame)
* I log in
* takes me to "Login to manage the site", "What do you want to Do?" 
* I click Logout
* Back to the login screen.
* I log in and it finially works.

BUT from now on in the URL never changes and I'm working from within what appears to be an IFRAME.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

I just found this really really long thread:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/admin-session-timeouts-frequently.aspx

It was quite informative, and by the looks of it the app pools might be getting restarted if you run out of memory, and SF4 now recomments 500MB of the app pool.

I'll contact my hosting provider later today to see what they say their defaults are and if they will change them for me.

I noticed there hasn't been an word since May about getting a fix for keeping sessions alive after recycle.  Just wondering if there is an ETA for this bug yet?

Thanks
Byron

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Byzza,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this issue might have caused, indeed the 500MB app pool space is strongly recommended to avoid similar issues, so please verify with your hosting provider whether this is not the case. In the meantime I've raised the bug's business priority, hopefully we'll be able to provide a fix for it for the upcoming releases.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I run into this frequently in the hosted trial sandbox. Telerik may want to consider addressing this as others may not be as forgiving as I, or they may end the evaluation early out of understand and too much frustration.

My 2cents.
Bob

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Bob,

Actually we do not limit the amount of memory for the application pools a sandbox is running, however we have set up a timeout of 10 minutes of inactivity, after which the pool will be recycled.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed