Twitter Feed Not Running

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:51

Twitter Feed Not Running

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

I completed creating a twitter feed, linking a user, content et.al.
The feed doesn't update. When I click run under the feed actions the following error message is displayed.

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Line 1, position 1

How do I fix this?

Hi Geoff,

Are you trying to import twitter content into Sitefinity or export your content via twitter feed? That's not a common behavior for the twitter feed, could it be that the RSS generated is not valid, and thus some tags cannot be parsed properly? Can you, please try setting up a different feed and let me know if the issue still persists. If you're still experiencing any problems, maybe you could provide me with temporary login credentials for your site's backend so I can inspect this further.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Export data from a news item to a twitter account. Is there somewhere I can look at the rss being generated? I dont have the availity at the moment to publically make the application available today.  There are is no custom work involved, just he base SP product.
-g

Adding a second feed produces teh attached error when saving it, and the previous error when running the RUN.

neither of the errors are presented when the site is deployed to a production server, but the feed isn't generated either.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Geoff,

Can you please let me know of the current status of this? If I understood correctly from your support ticket and by inspecting your website, the feed is now running fine, however you're still experiencing some issues, which I've dressed in the support thread you had opened. For your convenience you can find my response below as well:
"URL not displayed as hyperlink : There seems to be a bug in the twitter feed implementation, and I have logged this for fixing. We'll be working on providing the fix as soon as possible for one of our upcoming releases.
URL too long: we have logged the task of implementing URL shortening service, and I have updated it with the information fro this ticket. However, I doubt if we'll able to do it for Q2, but we can revise this for Q3. Meanwhile we will try to provide some workarounds. Stay tuned.
URL contains internal server IP - could it be that you're accessing your site by server IP, not by domain name, and this being the cause  - I've tested this functionality locally, and the generated URL contains the domain name."

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, I'll be glad to help you further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed