ProjectManager Projects.xml File

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:58

ProjectManager Projects.xml File

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

I have a folder programmes with the sitefinity.exe on it as well as my Projects.xml file with 2 projects in it.

Started ProjectManger added another Project (FileBased) and see all 3 projects.

However I was wondering why I get an projects.xml in my folder on the files system where the new project is.

So I checked the Projects.xml File in the folder of the sitefinity.exe (it still has only 2 projects) the 3rd project is in the Projects.xml of the project folder in a different filesystem.

So on the next run you have only 2 projects.

1) Yeehaa. I finely found out why some of my projects are missing
2) At least I have a Projects.xml in my file system folder from where I can copy it.

Markus

I have seen many threads about how to add projects to xml but never why they are missing. So next time you are missing a project you might want to look for another projects.xml in filesystem and copy the xml from there :-) A lot easier then what is described in the help :-)

Or even better do it right after project creation :-)

PS: I am still wondering when you install 4.2 which will be probably in another folder how this works - I guess another help article describing how you have to copy the old Projects.xml from 4.1 folder and merge it with a new Projects.xml in the 4.2 folder

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

New project and I copied the project xml data from the Projects.xml in the file system folder into my Projects.xml from the folder where sitefinity.exe is.

I noticed that the URL and LocalPath are not the same.I though it should be the same when you create a project on file system.

Markus

<project id="28dfcfeb-a8c7-484d-bb03-a79b65233ac8" Name="arvixe_demo" BrowseUrl="Click Browse to resolve" SfVersion="4.1.1395.0" DateCreated="06/10/2011 08:24:45">
    <Location Type="FileSystem" Url="C:\kunden\Sitefinity\arvixe_demo" LocalPath="C:\kunden\Sitefinity" />
  </project>

Hello Markus,

To your first post:
You have to supply the project manager placed in a specific folder with project.xml folder. If you have projects.xml in other folder with other project managers you will have to supply it where needed. You can also place different project manager in the same folder using a single projects.xml file by renaming the project managers ( Sitefinity1210, Sitefinity1339, Sitefinity and the last will be the one that you can run when you need other you rename it to Sitefinity and run ).

To your second post:
 The paths should be the same when you create a new project. Copying the XML file will not change it in any way.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Stanislav

To my first post

I have my sitefinity.exe in the following folder: c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\sitefinity.exe

along with: c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\Projects.xml

--------------------
When I add a project (using filesystem) with the above sitefinity.exe file I can see the project in the project manager. BUT acutally the  c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\Projects.xml is unchanged

A new Projects.xml file was created in c:\customers\demosite\

So when I start c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\sitefinity.exe the next time the project will not be visible!

=================
So this is not practicall at all and I would consider this a bug!!!!!

I want all my projects added with c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\sitefinity.exe to be available the next time.

Once Again 

In my set up the Projects.xml in the same folder as sitefinity.exe did not get changed when adding a new project using Location: FileSystem.

The new project will 100% not be visible when I want to update it (at least in my setup)

I will have to copy xml code form the created projects.xml in the various locations into the c:\programms\telerik\sitefinity41\Projects.xml

---------------
Hope you can
a) reproduce this behavoir
b) see that this is not practical at all

Markus

This thread is closed