Page Templates error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:42

Page Templates error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

I've been working for a project for a few weeks now and suddenly I have a problem with the page templates. All was fine until a few days ago. First I've created 2 master pages for my site that I use as Templates in Sitefinity. I've done this for previous projects and never had any problems with it. Now I've tried to edit my template in the back-end and when I click on the menu item 'Design -> Page Templates' I get the menu-bars from sitefinty, but the content stays blank and I get errors, the one after the other.. They all specify that 'object reference not set to the instance of an object'. Does anyone have this problem or knows the solution to this problem?

Ik using Sitefinity 4.1

With kind regards,

Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Systeembeheer UNIT4,

Can you, please, provide some more information on the exact steps you have taken before this error occured - except registering the two masterpages in Sitefinity as templates, have you done any other modifications to your project that might have caused the problem? Can you inspect the errors given when loading the page using a tool like FireBug and inform us of the results? Also, it'd be very useful to run a trace log of the web services  exceptions that occur while browsing the Design->Page Templates page and attach it to this thread so we can inspect it, as the error you're given is pretty generic.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed