"The resource cannot be found" Sitefinity 4.1 SP2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:52

"The resource cannot be found" Sitefinity 4.1 SP2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi there,

We've got this sudden problem where when we go into the Sitefinity Admin section and try to click on Pages I get a browser error: "The resource cannot be found" then nothing else. The basic skeleton of the page is there with the loading gif running, but nothing else happens. In fact Firefox allows you to stop the message from appearing otherwise it just keeps repeating.

So far the only thing that works in the Admin section is the main dashboard, all the rest of the pages do this.

What's gone wrong?

Thanks,
Jacques

Hi J.Hoventer,

Please verify that your live server supports WCF services. You can check this article to see if you have configured your IIS correctly.

Also you can try and use Firefox firebug plugin and check the Net tab to diagnose the error by giving me more information about it so I can be of greater help to you. Please do share more details about your project and setup.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor,

Sorry the details are as follows:
IIS: 5 (I think)
Sitefinity: 4.1 SP2
DB: SQL Server 2008

I checked the Net tab in Firebug and noticed that the service extension SVC returned 404 not found, so that's the problem. But, the link you gave seems to be some other version of IIS, or perhaps I'm not understanding it.

1. Open Internet Information Services Manager, by opining your Start Menu and clicking Run.
  2. Enter inetmgr and click OK.
  3. Expand your server node and click Web Service Extensions.

I don't see any Web Service Extensions? It looks like the instructions apply only from IIS 6 onwards.

Are there IIS 5 instructions?

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi J.Hoventer,

Sitefinity needs IIS 6+ to run as expected because there are many changes since the previous version ( like the one you describe ). Please have your site set up on a IIS 6/ 7/ 7.5 environment, configure it according to our instructions and if the error still persists, contact me again.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Does that mean Sitefinity 4.x is not compatible with Windows XP or can one update Xp's IIS to a later version? Or perhaps you're only left with the developer version of IIS?

Hi J.Hoventer,

The version of IIS is tied to a specific version of Windows and IIS6 is component of Windows Server 2003. You have to update your OS version in order to have full support of the features of SF 4.x You can consult the following thread which gives more details regarding the different operating systems and IIS versions.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed