Layout Editor: Control stuck in page after deleting placehol

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:53

Layout Editor: Control stuck in page after deleting placeholder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

I have been trying to use a custom backend template for some pages in my module.  I tried to delete a placeholder in my template using the layout editor.  After publishing, the page using the template still shows the controls that were contained in that placeholder.  I open the page inside backend pages, and cannot find the control so I cannot remove it.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan Dailey,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. Can you please tell me which build version of Sitefiniy you are using for this project? We used to have some issues with orphaned widgets when the template is changed in our earlier version (Sitefinity 4.1 official release (build 4.1.1339.0)). The behavior was similar - when you change the template of a page some controls would lose their placeholder and become "orphaned", menaing they would display in the forntend but are nto available in the backend to be modified. We have provided a fix for this in the following releases, where the control appears in the backend and is greyed out, indicating that it needs to be dragged in a valid placeholder. Please get back to me with some more information concerning the project itself and the modifications done to it, so I can give you a more specific advice. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

The version 4.1.1339.0 does appear to be the version I was using when I experienced the problem.  I just recently upgraded to the latest version, it appears to be working as you say now.  Not exactly greyed out on the backend, but visible and can be moved.  Thank you for looking into this.

This thread is closed