EventList and CustomFields

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:01

EventList and CustomFields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,
I am using Sitefinity 4.0 ... Have 2 Issue

1- I want to display Events in chronologically with the most recent event listed first. As of now, the most recent events are listed last. I am using "Event List"
Please find the attachment ...

2- How to Include mandatory fields for "Title for search engines"  and "Description" for each new page ( Create New Page )

Pls  tel me the Solutins ...

Thanks & Regards
Anu .

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Anu,

Can you please tell us the exact build version of Sitefinity you're using, since we've introduced some new sorting criteria for Events List view, and it's been included in the internal build from the week of 3/24/2011 and is available in all Sitefinity versions afterwards, I'm attaching a screenshot demonstrating the sorting criteria. Please do not hesitate to let us know if this is not the functionality you demand.
Now concerning the required fields you want to set - I'm attaching a screenshot demonstrating where these properties are located, and how to set this for the Description filed. Apart from setting the "Required" property to true you might also want to set an actual message to be displayed in the "RequiredViolationMessage" property and also set the "MessageCssClass" to sfError. Please find attached the end result.
I hope this information helps, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write back.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Boyan,

Thanks for your reply :)

Im using Sitefinity 4.0.1210.0

1 - For the EventList solution wt u have given is right ... I resolved tht problem by specifying FilterExpression as ' startDate DESC' ... New options are perfectly right ...

2 - Regarding mandatory fields i setted all the properties as u said bt still it dosnt validate
 Here is the Entry of ContentViewConfig.config file is :

<sections name="SeoSection">
<fields

<field fieldName="SeoTitle" type:this="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.Config.TextFieldDefinitionElement, Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563"
<validator required="True" alphaNumericViolationMessage="" currencyViolationMessage="" emailAddressViolationMessage="" integerViolationMessage="" interneturlviolationmessage="" maxLengthViolationMessage="" maxValueViolationMessage="" messageCssClass="sfError" messageTagName="" minLengthViolationMessage="" minValueViolationMessage="" nonAlphaNumericViolationMessage="" numericViolationMessage="" percentageViolationMessage="" regularExpressionViolationMessage="" requiredViolationMessage="Please fill in Title" usSocialSecurityNumberViolationMessage="" usZipCodeViolationMessage="" /> 

</field

</fields

</sections>  

Please tel me is thr anyhting required ?

Thanks & Regards
Anu.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Anu,

Are you able to publish a page now without having these fields filled in? Also, please note that if you are editing an existing page, you ought to have the proper settings in ForntendPagesEdit as well. If the problems persist, is it possible to provide me with temporary login credentials to your site's backend so I can inspect this behavior myself? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed