News Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:57

News Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I encounter a bug with News on Sitefinity backend. When you Unpublished a News and republished it without modification you obtain item with the same key already added and you can't access News in backend.

The only way is deleting lines into datatable [sf_news_items_sf_permissions] and [sf_news_items].....

I'll already talk about it in another post but datatable with no constraints it's pretty dangerous and a cause of referential integrity problem.

Regards,
Nicolas

I'm experiencing this as well with an SP2 update, not just in News, but in Events as well.  As Nicolas says, all you need to do to reproduce it is select the news or events item, unpublish it, then select it again and publish it.

News and Events are now inaccessible to me.

- William

Nicolas (or Telerik),

Would you be willing to share your SQL steps for deleting those items from the two news tables?  After reproducing this, I can't get back to a working version of News and Events.

Thanks.

- William

One more note.

This also happens in a blank SP2 project.

That's a show-stopper for SP2 for us.  Thanks for pointing it out, Nicolas.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Sorry about the multiple postings and don't mean to step on your toes, Nicolas.  Just one more. 

This also occurs in all my custom modules (which make sense as they are based on News) and also happens in Blog Posts, though it does so by creating an error in fluent, not the front end.  In other words, Blog postings are listing correctly, but if I try to get to them through App.WorkWith().BlogPosts().Publihed(), I get 'An item with the URL '/blog/2011/06/29/break-this' already exists'.

So in one way or another, every module is prone to this kind of error.

- William

Hi,

for unblocking news and events, you have to go in database.

For News => [sf_news_items], check identical original_content_id (different of '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'). Who probably have two lines for one news, get the latest line id.

You have to delete this line it probably occurs an sql error and you have to delete references of the line in [sf_nws_tms_sf_prmssns_nhrtnc_m] before.

I advice you to save the content of your news, you can get it into datatable.

Regards,
Nicolas

Thanks, Nicolas.

Luckily, I'd backed up everything before attempting an upgrade to SP2, so SP1 is still available to us.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I made the same test with Sitefinity SP1 and they are no problems.
It's a regression on the new version 4.1 SP2....

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Nicolas,

Through the ticketing system this was accepted as an official bug.  The fix should be in the next internal build (next week).  However, internal builds aren't supported and are supposedly not to be used for development or production.  I'm not sure where that leaves us. 

Me, I'm going to be building my new project with SP1 as there's now no time to fully QA whatever SP2 we end up with, and no time within my project scope to do yet another version upgrade.  Since this bug affects every module in the build, including images, I also have no way to keep testing to see if any other bugs develop.  Disappointing.

Waiting for a response here from Telerik about SP2 and official support.  Since this is such a major issue, I'm hoping they pull SP2 completely and re-release it.

Thanks, again, for saving me a huge amount of pain.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

I too am stuck.  We cannot get to page 2 or search articles listed in News.  I hope telerik can come up with a supported solution for this soon.  I really don't want to revert.  We have had so many issues with updating this software that I just don't have anymore time to deal with all these issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Cross your fingers and have the hope of a correction into Q2 SDK.

Regards
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed for SP3, you can upgrade and it will be resolved.

Greetings,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed