Cannot use FF 5.0 with Backend

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:45

Cannot use FF 5.0 with Backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I have tried on 2 different computers to use FF 5.0 to manage the Sitefinity sites I have running locally for development. In each case, I cannot seem to add any pages or news or blog posts to the site. It is also incredibly slow. To reproduce this, you simply need to create a new project in the PM and open the backend using FF 5.0. Has anybody else had similar issues? If I switch over to IE everythign appears to be fine. Very frustrating.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Al,

FireFox 5.0 is still in beta and currently we do not support it officially. Sitefinity supports latest official version of FireFox, Chrome and IE

Regards,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Um. I would beg the differ on that statement. FF 5.0 is live; simply go to mozilla.org and download FF. You get version 5.0. Thanks for the information though as I was wondering if you also supported Safari.

Hi Al,

As of release of 4.1sp2 we were not able to test and bugfix on FF5(final). It usually takes some time before we adapt SF to latest changes in the browsers. As I mentioned FF is in our top3 list and we will work to support the latest version.

For Safary - we are not supporting it officially for the backed.

Best wishes,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

IE9 also has issues.  Most recently seen in the Page properties UI.

Chris.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Hrc,

We are fixing bugs for IE9 and FF5 with priority over the rest of the browsers. Most probably we will be fine for 4.2.

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed